I was trying to create ‘to go breakfast’ for quite some time and the outcome was not too great. My husband found reasons to avoid breakfast. Finally I got this velvet apricot, a rare fruit, which is a mixed breed of plums and apricots. Velvet apricot has a shape of apricot and color of a plum but it is the most delicious, juicy and sweet fruit I have ever had. I tried this velvet apricot oatmeal smoothie and it was an instant hit in my family. Now no more skipping breakfast and no excuses of busy work schedule. This ‘to go breakfast’ can be prepared in minutes and most importantly it is healthy and low in calories and a complete meal. This smoothie will help your metabolism to get started in the morning itself. A must Try ‘To Go Breakfast’!
* click here to buy flax milk , Goji berries
- Combine oats and water in a bowl and microwave it for 1 minute. Take it out of the microwave and let it cool.
- In the meantime, combine all the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Lastly combine the cooled oatmeal into the smoothie and blend again for ½ a minutes and the smoothie is ready.
- Pour it in a glass which you can carry to your work or simply enjoy it at home.
- Feel free to top it with more walnuts and goji berries.
Note: If you like your smoothie sweeter add more honey according to taste.
Almond milk or any other milk of your choice can also be used. I prefer flax milk because it gives a flavor of dessert and is low calories and healthy.