Vegan Cheese and Tempeh Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms is a delectable appetizer with delicious flavors and healthy ingredients. It’s loaded with protein and other nutrients. This appetizer is absolutely desirable. This is a winner recipe for any parties or gets together events.
Now that spring is in full swing I am sure we all have outdoor activity plans. Grilling, BBQ and picnic occupy our top activity list. Vegan Cheese and Tempeh Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms definitely serves perfectly for all these occasions. Easy to make and hardly any mess this appetizer calls for all the mushroom lovers.
I am genuinely fond of mushrooms especially Portobello mushrooms. Their meaty taste and chewy texture with mouthwatering juice makes these Portobello mushrooms a heart throbbing food for almost all vegan dishes. I always try to sneak in mushrooms in my dishes in some form and this appetizer is my favorite.
Making of Vegan Cheese and Tempeh Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- For this, Firstly, I made the filling by warming some oil in a pan and flavoring it with garlic.
- Secondly, I sautéed red onion and crumbled tempeh in it.
- Thirdly, I added nutritional yeast for the cheesy flavor and some seasonings to it.
- Thereafter, I stuffed the mushroom caps with the filling and garnished with vegan parmesan powdered style cheese and fresh cilantro.
- Afterwards, I placed the mushrooms gently on the cookie sheet and baked in a preheated oven for 20 minutes. Vegan Cheese and Tempeh Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms gets ready within minutes and satisfies everyone’s taste buds with lots of flavor and delectable aroma.
Serve this appetizer warm with some finely chopped raw red onions sprinkled over them. Just dig your teeth into these stuffed mushrooms and devour every bite of this vegan savory appetizer.
Also, if you are looking for some appetizer recipe to serve on the table for Mother’s day brunch/dinner this would be a great recipe when your mom is visiting for the weekend. The whole family would love this dish to the extent that they would lick their fingers even after finishing the entire serving.
My other popular tempeh recipes are:
My other mushroom recipes are:
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below and rate this recipe also. You may tag @kiipfit on Instagram as I love to see what you cooked.
Vegan Cheese and Tempeh Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms is a delectable appetizer with delicious flavors and healthy ingredients. Loaded with protein and other nutrients this appetizer is absolutely desirable. This is a winner recipe for any parties or gets together events.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp dried garlic
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 8oz pack of original tempeh (crumbled)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 whole baby portebello mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp vegan Parmesan cheese (powdered form)
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro (fresh)
Heat oil in a pan and add garlic.
Once the garlic starts browning add onions. Saute until translucent.
Add crumbled tempeh. Saute well until tempeh starts golden in color.
Add nutritional yeast and salt. Saute for 1 minute. Turn off the flame and let it cool.
Preheat oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit. Prepare a cookie sheet by greasing it well.
Scoop out the mushrooms very well so there is enough space to stuff the filling.
Stuff the filling with the spoon. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and juicy.
Take out the cookie sheet and garnish with fresh cilantro. Feel free to adjust the salt and enjoy.
- After scooping the mushrooms I did not use the stems. If you want to use the mushroom stems you chop them finely and add to the pan with tempeh so they are cooked nicely for this recipe.
- Garnishing with some raw red onions increases its flavor.