Thai Peanut Chickpea Patties serves as an excellent savory breakfast or for snacking. It’s an outstanding way to start your day by including tons of protein and without any added sugar. Even though most of us crave for those syrup drizzled pancakes and sugar loaded muffins in the morning these Thai Peanut Chickpea Patties are a great break from those sugar loaded morning meals. I believe in starting a healthy morning. Moreover, sugar is addicting. It definitely gives a spurt of energy at the moment but diffuses pretty soon. Also, it adds to calories and belly fat.
I personally prefer a savory breakfast for myself and so does my family. Most of the time it has to be something super quick. Sometimes, we crave for a little flavor and some variety on the table. When I created these Thai Peanut Chickpea Patties I imagined our mornings to be satisfying and tasteful. The best part of this recipe is that it’s a make-ahead dish. All you have to do is pull them out of the refrigerator, warm them and devour with sriracha sauce and ketchup for kids. You may also add some side salad if enjoying these patties as a snack. Sometimes, I make sandwiches out of them with generous drizzle of sriracha sauce. It simply tastes exquisite and divine.
Our mornings are getting better and healthier. With the addition of these patties to our menu our protein consumption had increased quite a bit. Along with being vegan and gluten free these patties are simple to fix with very few ingredients and minimum time. This recipe has become quite regular in my kitchen now and it’s a great addition of protein to our diet.
I prefer a quick peanut sauce recipe and since I am on a no added sugar diet I skipped adding sugar to this peanut sauce in my recipe. It tasted perfectly well because when I combined all the ingredients together these patties came out exactly as I had imagined in my mind. My taste buds were completely satisfied. Moreover my family approved this breakfast recipe with happy faces.
Thai Peanut Chickpea Patties
For peanut sauce
- 1 15oz can chickpeas/garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup Cabbage (finely shredded)
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- Salt as per taste
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients of peanut sauce. Then,whisk it nicely until smooth. Afterwards,keep it aside.
- Next, in your large mixing bowl combine the ingredients of patties and mix with a spoon.
- Now, fold in peanut sauce and mix very well with the help of your hands.
- Thereafter, divide the dough into 8 equal parts. Then, take one part of the dough between your palms and make a round shape. Then flatten gently from the middle so it takes a patty shape. Repeat the same process for the rest of the dough.
- Next, Heat a crepe pan/nonstick frying pan and grease it very well.
- Now, place the patties on the pan and let them cook on a medium flame until crisp and brown on one side. Then, flip the patties to the other side and cook again until brown and crisp.
- Lastly, Remove from heat and serve them warm with a side salad and sriracha sauce.