We all strive to live a healthy lifestyle, eat healthy, look good and be happy. We know the do’s and don’ts for a healthy lifestyle but we often fail to find the starting point for our healthy lifestyle.
By starting point I mean where to start being healthy. Though we know that healthy lifestyle means exercising regularly, staying physically and mentally active, eating balanced nutritious food along with fresh fruits and veggies, visiting doctors and dentist regularly and maintaining a normal BMI. But the question is where do we start?
Many times we try to follow healthy living for few days and then go back or rather give in to our previous lifestyle because we think that’s the easier way to live but that is not true. Healthy living is within our reach, the onus is on us whether we are able to accept it and keep ourselves focused. Good health cannot be achieved in a day’s time but once incorporated in our lifestyle it definitely provides long term benefits.
Here are some of the checklists mentioned to start a healthy lifestyle today:
1. Get your vitals checked : Visit your doctor and dentist at the earliest to know your health status and you will definitely get a kick start to start living healthy today itself.
2. Check your body weight status: Know your height along with waist circumference and then get on the scale and see if you are overweight. If the answer is yes then get started right now. And the first step would be to develop your will power to achieve your target goal. Always remember nothing is impossible. 🙂
3. Schedule your daily health regime: Asses your activity level and accordingly select your choice of activity like aerobics, jogging, gym and yoga. Make a schedule for your day to fit these physicals activities so that they become a part of your lifestyle.
4. Re-organize your kitchen pantry and refrigerator: Throw away all the junk and fast food and frozen food immediately without a second thought. Just focus on healthy living and make a list to buy only healthy food like fruits and vegetables, healthy snacks like nuts and dry fruits, protein rich legumes and beans, whole grains and milk for calcium. If you only store healthy food at home you won’t get a chance to reach out to any unhealthy food. You will automatically eat something healthy which will give you a boost to your endeavor of healthy lifestyle.
5. Lower your sugar intakes: If you have a sweet tooth like me then buy healthier option like fresh fruits, dates, 100% pure maple syrup or raw honey. Try to lower your sugar consumption, focus on small portions and stop stacking store bought cookies and bars. They are very high in fructose and sugar.
6. Manage your stress level: Stress often leads you to eat unhealthy comfort food or lowers your physical activity. Get control of your stress level and engage in some productive as well as distracting activities which will keep you motivated to stay on your healthy lifestyle track.
Health tips of the week
“Start living healthy today for a better tomorrow”.