Spinach Almond Amaranth Breakfast Muffins is soft and fluffy savory breakfast idea. It’s healthy, protein packed and gluten free.
Now that the school is in full swing, cooking breakfast sometimes gets even more difficult because of shortage of time.
Yet mommies want to feed healthy, protein packed and filling breakfast that can be prepared easily.
I came up with this recipe in my endeavor of cooking healthy, easy and flavorful breakfast.
Ingredients for Spinach Almond Amaranth Breakfast Muffins
I wanted to feed spinach to my little one in a way so that she does not realize the taste of it and I can be happy and satisfied with the thought that my daughter ate spinach.
I had some cooked Amaranth leftover so I decided to combine spinach, almond and amaranth with eggs and bake them. The most interesting fact of this recipe is that I used only 1 tbsp. of flax oil.
Flax oil which is derived from flaxseeds is high in omega-3 fatty acids. It is said to have lots of health benefits like it promotes good quality hair growth, reduces the risk of cancer, promotes healthy skin and also helps in burning body fat. It’s a versatile oil and can be used in cooking/baking or in salads.
These muffins can also be consumed as snacks and can be prepared a day ahead and can be warmed up just before serving.
Whenever I bake a batch of Spinach Almond Amaranth Breakfast Muffins they finish off within couple of days.
These muffins are super easy to cook and hence I love to bake them whenever I get a chance.
Store these muffins in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram .
Spinach Almond Amaranth Breakfast Muffins
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup cooked amaranth
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp flax/olive oil
- Preheat oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit. Prepare the muffin tray by greasing it with cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients including spinach.
- In another bowl whip the eggs and mix oil in it.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well so that the batter is well coated.
- With an ice cream scoop spoon the batter into the muffin tray and put it in the oven.
- Bake it for 25-30 minutes or until the fork comes out clean.
- Serve hot with ketchup.