Rhubarb Quinoa Breakfast Bowl is satisfying, filling and flavorful morning meal made with fresh and natural ingredients.
It’s always a task to prepare breakfast. Also many a times we are confused with the thought of what to eat for breakfast. Sometimes, we need a break from waffles and pancake and need something in a bowl.
This breakfast bowl is a cool meal to start the day especially for the spring and summer season.
Also, as Mother’s day is approaching soon many of us would want something quick and easy that our children can participate in prepping.
Ingredients for Rhubarb Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Rhubarb has just started flooding the market and I love the beautiful and vibrant color of this fresh produce. Even though I am not a fan of rhubarb but once in a while I like to come up with some recipe and enjoy it delightedly.
It is one such creation where I wanted to come up with beautiful and delicate looking girlish recipe.
I usually have leftover cooked quinoa so to make this recipe was absolutely quick. However, you make cook fresh quinoa which may take few extra minutes. But that’s simple too. Isn’t it?
If you are looking to explore more with rhubarb here are a couple of more recipes with this fresh ingredient:
How to cook Rhubarb Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
I like to cook rhubarb before using it in any recipe so I baked it for a few minutes with drizzled maple syrup.
Then blended it with banana and almond milk. Mixed in cooked quinoa and topped with super foods. Delicious is what came to my mind in my first bite.
This breakfast bowl tastes best when consumed fresh and immediately. Healthy and protein rich with balanced carbohydrate Rhubarb Quinoa Breakfast Bowl is absolutely a delightful morning meal to be enjoyed either on a week day or on weekends.
This breakfast bowl will surely bring a satisfactory smile on your face and keep you full for longer. Thereby, helping you to make right choices for snacks and other meals for the rest of the day.
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would like to see what you cooked.
Rhubarb Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- Preheat oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit. Place the sliced rhubarbs on a cookie sheet and drizzle 1 tbsp. maple syrup over the slices. Bake for 3-5 minutes or until rhubarbs are soft. Once baked take out the cookie sheet and let it cool.
- In a blender combine banana, baked rhubarbs and almond milk. Blend it smooth.
- In a bowl pour the blended rhubarb and toss in cooked quinoa. Add chia seeds and the rest of the maple syrup. Mix well and chill in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Take the bowl out and garnish with slivered almond and hemp seeds. Enjoy!
- For me the sweetness was perfect but feel free to add more sweetener as per your palate.
- This recipe can be made with leftover cooked quinoa.