This One Pot veggie Quinoa is creamy and a perfect weeknight dinner! Hassle-free and loaded with fiber and whole grains it makes a complete family meal.
One Pot Veggie Quinoa with herbs and cashew cream after a long tiring day. That was the thought that came to mind last week when I was out for some work, came home late and my hungry family was waiting for me.
I was exhausted and wanted to cook something healthy and just one dish and I was in no mood to baby sit any dish.
Since, I was in a hurry to feed my family I added all the vegetables that was there in my refrigerator.
Then, I wanted a creamy texture to it and yet healthy so I decided to add cashew cream. Its creamy texture simply enhances the flavor and the presentation of this dish. It gives a certain different flavor to any dish. I quickly added quinoa and water and cooked until done.
Ingredients for One Pot Veggie Quinoa
Crushed pepper flakes
Green bell pepper
How to make this One Pot Veggie Quinoa
- Firstly, I heated oil in a Dutch and flavored the oil with herbs.
- Secondly, I sauteed onion in it.
- Then, I tossed in all the vegetables and cooked for a while.
- Thereafter, I mixed in tomatoes and let it cook until tomatoes start to release their juice.
- Afterwards, I stirred in cashew cream followed by ketchup.
- Subsequently, I mixed in quinoa, water and salt.
- Later, I stirred them well and cooked until all the liquid was absorbed.
- Lastly, I garnished with more pepper flakes and enjoyed!
As soon as I placed the pot on the dining table, One Pot Veggie Quinoa was consumed within minutes and my family loved it.
I was content with the fact that I was able to satisfy my family’s tummy with delicious and yet healthy dish.
You may also like:
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram.
One Pot Veggie Quinoa Meal
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp crushed pepper flakes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 whole white mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup crinkled carrots
- 3 whole roma tomatoes (blanched, peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 cup cashew cream - see notes
- 1 tsp salt or as per taste
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups rinsed quinoa
- 3 cups water
- Heat oil in a wok or a Dutch. Add, garlic, basil, oregano and pepper flakes.
- Immediately add onions to it and saute until golden brown.
- Add green pepper, broccoli, cauliflower and cover and cook for few minutes. The veggies should be slightly soft but crunchy.
- Add crinkled carrots and saute for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and again cover and cook for few minutes, until the tomatoes release its juice.
- Stir in cashew cream cook for only 2 minutes.
- Add salt, ketchup and quinoa. Saute until quinoa is well coated.
- Add water, cover and cook until water is absorbed and quinoa is well cooked. This may take about 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with more crushed pepper if required and serve hot.
- For cashew cream - In a blender combine 1/4 cup raw cashew nuts, 1/4 cups water and 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes. Blend it until smooth and creamy.
- Tip to blanch tomatoes quick - in a microwavable bowl put tomatoes and add enough water to cover half of the bowl. Microwave it for 3-4 minutes on high. Once done, you see cracks on the outer cover. Take them out and let them cool, then peel.
- This recipe tastes best when served immediately. Refrigerate the leftovers for abut 3-4 days.
- For non - vegan option - you may use 1/2 cup burrata cheese instead of cashew cream.