One Pot Veggie Quinoa with herbs and creamy Burrata after a long tiring day. That was the thought that came to mind last week when I was out for some work, came home late and my hungry family was waiting for me.
I was exhausted and wanted to cook something healthy and just one dish and I was in no mood to baby sit any dish. I was in a hurry to feed my family. I added all the vegetables that I had in my refrigerator. I then wanted a creamy texture to it and yet low calorie so I decided to add burrata. I love the creamy texture of burrata. It gives a certain different flavor to any dish. I quickly added quinoa and water and cooked until done.
As soon as I placed the pot on the dining table, One Pot Veggie Quinoa was consumed within minutes and my family loved it. I was content with the fact that I was able to satisfy my family’s tummy with delicious and yet healthy dish.
One Pot Veggie Quinoa
- Heat oil in a wok/skillet/nonstick saucepan. Add all the herbs including garlic in the warm oil.
- Immediately add onions to it and sauté until golden brown.
- Add green pepper, broccoli, cauliflower and cover and cook for few minutes. The veggies should be slightly soft but crunchy.
- Add crinkled carrots and sauté for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and again cover and cook for few minutes, until the tomatoes release its juice.
- Add burrata cheese to get the creamy texture. Cover and cook again for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, ketchup and quinoa. Sauté until quinoa is well coated.
- Add water, cover and cook until water is absorbed and quinoa is well cooked. This may take about 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with more crushed pepper if required and serve hot.
Note: Tips for quick blanch of tomatoes. In a microwavable bowl add very little water, just enough to moisture the water. Put tomatoes in it and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes.