What is the meaning of relaxation? Why is it so important to relax? Where is the time to relax? These are few of the questions that most individuals ask themselves. I always ask myself the same question whenever I am told to relax. I am more or less always active, on my feet, my mind occupied with thoughts and ideas about my blog kiipfit, about my little one’s future, about daily chores and many more issues.
Recently I realized that I am stressing myself a little too much and so one weekend I decided to shut my mind off and relax completely and be my carefree self. After the weekend I was a different person with more ideas, more energy and excitement to do things in perfection and more over I was happier than ever. I got my answer in just one weekend.
Relaxation means to calm down mentally and physically. Letting all the worries, tension and stress go away from you and you indulge in some me time. There are many ways to relax for example reading books, indulging in some creative hobby, spending time with your family, outdoor exercises or hiking or just swimming, socializing with like-minded friends and so on.
It is important to relax in order to rejuvenate yourself. Relaxation encourages healthy mind and body. But that does not mean that we can relax infinitely some stress is also important. There should be a balance between stress and relaxation.
Here are some points to explain why it is important to relax:
1. Relaxation slowers the heart rate thereby giving our hearts some rest which in turn avoids many heart risk factors like hypertension, stroke, and broken heart syndrome.
2. Relaxation improves the skin by easing acne problems. Stress leads to skin breakouts and other skin related issues. Whereas if you relax the skin also relaxes and gets some time to recover from the earlier stress.
3. Relaxation increases blood flow to the muscles thereby providing more energy, better metabolism and improves your memory.
4. Relaxation helps you to achieve a clear and calm mind, your thought process is more positive and helps you in making a better decision.
Every individual has their own way of relaxing and some of the techniques of relaxing are:
2. Deep breathing
3. Strolling around amidst the beauty of nature.
4. Spending time with family
5. Watching some favorite shows
6. Reading favorite books
7. Jogging or other exercises.
8. Socializing with like-minded friends.
People who relax during the weekend or whenever they get the opportunity are happier and are able to achieve more than those who do not relax when it’s absolutely required.
Health Tip of the week:
“Relaxation is the answer to your stress and anxiety.”