This delicious and beautiful Beetroot Rhubarb Ice Cream is surprisingly made with healthy ingredients which calls for guilt free treat. Its vegan and gluten free so as to fit to almost types of diet.
This is a sponsored post but the opinion is all mine.
While I was walking through the aisle of Veg Fest 2016 in Seattle, WA, I met the marketing assistant of Morinaga (a company that is famous for its Mori – Nu silken tofu). I was delighted to receive free samples of these delicious dairy free Multinomah Almond Soy Blend Milk. This milk is not yet launched in the market but they will soon hit the market in a couple of months and so I was even more excited to be the first one to get hold of these fantastic milk cans.
I love them so much that I could not stop sipping all throughout the day. I decided to create a recipe out of these vegan and dairy free milk before I finish them all. And since its summer what could be a better idea than indulging in a homemade healthy ice cream. Yummy!!!!!
Ingredients for Beetroot Rhubarb Ice Cream
Rhubarb is at its peak and to make it super healthy and iron rich I added beetroot to enhance the nutrition as well as its color. With the use of soaked chia seeds I was able to substitute eggs and make this vegan ice cream thick and creamy yet so healthy and enjoyable.
How to make Beetroot Rhubarb Ice Cream
I simply blended all the ingredients in a blender and poured it into the ice cream maker to churn it. Then froze it for few hours and after dinner dessert Beetroot Rhubarb Ice Cream was ready. My family including Yashvi devoured it.
What a great way to feed beetroot to the naughty little ones. I am a happy mom. What about you?
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
Beetroot Rhubarb Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb
- 1/2 cup chopped beets
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond soy milk blend/any plant milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Soak chia seeds in the warm water for few minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients (including soaked chia seeds) in a blender and blend smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture into the ice cream maker and churn as per the manufacturer instructions.
- Spoon it out in a freezer safe container and freeze for at least 6 hours or until done.
- Scoop in a serving bowl/ cone/ waffle bowl, top it with your favorite toppings and dig immediately.
- If desired or if you do not have ice cream maker pour the blended mixture into ice cream molds and freeze until done. The taste would be the same.
- Unsweetened almond soy milk blend can also be used but adjust the sweetener according to taste.
- In case Almond Soy milk isn’t available you may use unsweetened almond milk as well.