OMG! Simmered Apple and Spinach with a hint of garlic in vegetable broth. Yummilicious! I had no clue that apple in a soup could taste sooo good until this day! A lip smacking soup which I can’t get over. I wanna more. Okay I know I am going crazy for apples this season but this is the season for apples. And I had mentioned in my earlier posts my experiments are still to continue with apples.
I dropped my daughter to the preschool on a rainy late morning and while driving back the weather made me crave for some hot and sweet and tangy soup. I had this particular flavor in my tongue and I so wanted the same taste without any compromise. As soon as I entered home I went straight to the kitchen turned on the flame and started chopping apples and spinach. Till then I had no idea whether this combination would work for me but I desperately wanted to execute the taste in my tongue and mind. By the end of the recipe when I poured the soup in my bowl and took a spoonful of it my taste buds went for a roller coaster ride. I immediately smiled out of excitement and drank the whole soup and wanted more. The combinations worked so well that I have become a fan of Apple Spinach Soup. I now cook Apple Spinach Soup at least once a week and yet I crave for more. 🙂
- Heat oil in a nonstick sauce pan over medium flame.
- Add apples and saute for 1 minute or until you start getting the aroma.
- Add spinach and saute again for 1 minute.
- When the spinach starts to cook add garlic and mix well.
- Add vegetable broth and boil for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool for a while.
- Blend it smooth and strain.
- Again heat the soup in the same sauce pan.
- Add salt and pepper and mix well.
- At the first boil add the coconut milk. Mix and turn off the flame.
- Garnish with cheddar cheese and serve hot.