3 Ingredient Coconut Chia Cookies
3 Ingredient Coconut Chia Energy Cookies are tasteful post work out recovery replenishment. Made with simple ingredients in about 35 minutes in minimum mess. They serve well as a healthy snack for kids with no worries of them being sugar high.
- 2 tbsp chia seeds soaked in 1/2 cup warm water
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
Preheat oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit and grease a cookie sheet.
In a large mixing bowl mash bananas and add soaked chia seeds.
Then, fold in coconut flour.
Take about 1 tbsp. of the batter and shape it into round cookies. Place it on the cookie sheet.
Repeat the process for the rest of the batter.
Place the cookie sheet in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Take out the cookie sheet and flip over all the cookies to the other side. Bake again for 5 minutes. Turn of the oven and let sit for couple of minutes. Take out the cookie sheet and enjoy the cookies warm or at room temperature.
- The batter will be sticky and thick like soft bread dough.
- For us the sweetness of these cookies was perfect. However, if serving to kids feel free to dust some powdered sugar or sprinkles to make it more attractive.
- The purpose of these cookies is to provide for post workout energy replenishment for the grownups.
- This recipe makes 12 cookies and the serving size is 2 cookies per person.
Calories: 115kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 22mg | Potassium: 243mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 44IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg