Instant Pot Vegan Potato Corn Chowder
This creamy and thick Instant Pot Vegan Potato Corn Chowder is a comforting work week dinner. It’s made with satisfying delicious flavors within minutes. It’s also gluten free making it perfect to fit into almost types of diet.
- 2 tbsp vegan butter (avocado oil based)
- 1 cup chopped onion (white/yellow)
- 1 tbsp dried/fresh crushed garlic
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 4 Yukon/gold potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped celery stalk
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn
- 1 tbsp chickpea flour
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp raw cashew nuts blended in 3 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk
- Salt as per taste
- Crushed black pepper as per taste
- 2-3 tbsp chopped fresh/dried chives (to garnish)
Turn on 6-quart instant pot on saute mode and
melt vegan butter in it.
A soon as the butter starts to melt, add onions, garlic and thyme. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
Toss in chopped potatoes and saute for 2 minutes.
Saute in rest of the vegetables (carrots, celery and corn).
Add chickpea flour and mix very well until all the ingredients are well blended.
Pour the vegetable broth and close the lid of the instant pot. Seal the valve and change it to chili/beans mode (default setting). Let it pressure cook.
Once it is done release the pressure and turn it off off. Open the lid.
Stir in cashew cream, salt and pepper.
Garnish with chives and serve immediately.
- This recipe can be refrigerated for about a week in an air tight container. Warm it up thoroughly for best results.
- This recipe can also be made in stock pot/dutch oven/saucepan. Just cook until all the vegetables are soft (especially potatoes). Turn off the flame when stirring in cashew cream and seasonings.
- This chowder pairs well with bread and salad. I have provided the links in the post above.
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 987mg | Potassium: 16mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 787IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg