Pumpkin Amaranth Porridge
This vegan and gluten free Pumpkin Amaranth Porridge is a scrumptious wholesome winter breakfast. Its quick and easy for hectic mornings. Just grab a warm bowl of this deliciousness and enjoy the festivities.
For the porridge
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup amaranth grains (dry)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
Add water in a saucepan and bring it to boil.
Add amaranth and cook covered for 3 minutes or until water starts to get absorbed.
Now add milk and bring it to a boil again.
Add pumpkin puree and maple syrup and stir vigorously with a spatula until all the ingredients are well blended. Let it cook uncovered on medium flame for 5 minutes.
If you plan to consume immediately then cook for another 2 minutes for a thicker consistency. Otherwise turn off the flame and cover.
Top it with walnuts, goji berries and walnut oil and serve warm.
- If this porridge kept for long all the liquid would be absorbed. In that case add ¼ cups milk to the warm porridge and mix very well and adjust the sweetener according to taste.
- I used walnut oil to add more nutrition and omega 3 to this recipe you can serve this oil free as well or top it with coconut oil if desired.
- I like my porridge to be of medium thick consistency. Feel free to adjust the milk measurements as per your desired consistency. But avoid it being too liquidy or amaranth may lose its natural taste and texture.
- Tastes best when served immediately.
Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 144mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 6355IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg