Flourless Zucchini Chia Savory Breakfast Muffins
These make ahead nutritious Flourless Zucchini Chia Savory Breakfast Muffins are a perfect back to school recipe. Be it a morning meal or an after school snack or a side for lunch box, these muffins tastes great at all times. Its low in calories, vegan, glutenfree and paleo. These muffins are packed with taste and health.
- 2 tbsp chia seeds soaked in 3/8 cups of warm water
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/8 cup leftover zucchini water
In a food processor add roughly chopped zucchini and grind until slightly fine and watery.
Place a container and put a strainer on it then cover it with cheesecloth. Take out the ground zucchini in it. Squeeze the cheesecloth as much as possible. Let the water collect in the container for later use.
Preheat oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a muffin tray by greasing it.
In a large mixing bowl combine almond flour, lemon pepper spice, baking powder and salt and mix well with a spoon.
Now, add the squeezed zucchini and soaked chia seeds. Mix very well.
Lastly add zucchini water and fold in with a spoon.
Now, scoop out the batter into the muffin tray with an ice cream scoop and place the tray in the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the tester comes out clean.
Take out the muffins and enjoy immediately or at room temperature.
- It’s better to grind zucchini slightly fine so it’s not super chewy. Kids like it this way.
- These muffins are make ahead breakfast recipe. Store it in a refrigerator in an air tight container for a week. Just warm in a toaster oven and enjoy with ketchup.
- When you immediately take out the tray from the oven the muffins might be sticking slightly to the tray. Gently scoop out with a spoon and eventually they will get firmer as they cool down.
- These muffins taste best when served warm. I would recommend testing these muffins first at 40 minutes. If the tester does not come out clean test it again at 45 minutes. Do not bake it over 50 minutes or it will have a burnt taste.
Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 70mg | Potassium: 227mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 130IU | Vitamin C: 11.7mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 1.2mg