No Bake Chocolate Quinoa Protein Balls
No Bake Chocolate Quinoa Protein Balls are loaded with health benefits. These easy crunchy balls are made with NO protein powder. Easy ingredients and delectable flavors make these balls absolutely desirable. It’s vegan and gluten free.
Warm up a nonstick pan and saute quinoa flakes for few seconds. As soon as it starts to become golden in color turn off the flame and keep sauteing in the warm pan for few more seconds until you get a nice aroma. Keep it aside.
In a food processor combine dates, coffee powder, cocoa powder, almonds, walnuts, hemp seeds, flax seeds and process. (I like it crunchy so I did not smoothen the mixture too much). However, it should be sticky enough to make round balls.
Take it out in a mixing bowl and stir in cocoa nibs. At this stage taste it. If you desire it to be sweeter mix in maple syrup.
With the help of a cookie scoop divide the dough into 12 equal parts. Then start making balls between palms and roll each ball very well in the roasted quinoa flakes. Make sure to press quinoa flakes firmly yet gentle enough to not break the balls.
Let the protein balls rest in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes in an air tight container. Then enjoy!!
- While making balls the mixture might dry up. In that case rub your palm with little oil so the balls stick to each other. Try and use the entire roasted quinoa flakes because it adds to its crunch.
- These protein balls are crunchy in every bite. However, feel free to grind as smooth as possible.
- I did not add maple syrup for myself because I like the strong flavor of coffee and chocolate. However, I mixed in maple syrup for my family to smoothen the flavors of the ingredients.
- This recipe makes 12 balls and the serving size is 2 balls per person.
- These balls can be refrigerated in an air tight container for about 2 weeks.
- Total time including the resting time is 40 minutes to make this recipe.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 107mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1.9mg