Vegan Ricotta Cheese
This easy to blend Vegan Ricotta Cheese is sweet in taste with a hint of tang along with being mildly salty. It’s a fun homemade version that can be enjoyed as a dip or top it on your pizza or simply include it in your pasta dish.
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend it smooth.
Put kitchen thick kitchen towels that covers the bowl from inside and pour the blended cheese in it.
Then cover it with those same kitchen towel by wrapping around it inside the bowl.
Put some weight on it and refrigerate for 10 minutes (this process will make the cheese thicker and creamier and the extra liquid will be absorbed.
Take it out and open the kitchen towel. Then, spoon out the cheese into the serving bowl.
Serve it with your choice of fruits, veggies,crackers or use it as a spread between sandwiches or top it on your pizza.
- It is important to wrap it in kitchen towel or else this cheese would be runny after blending.
- This recipe can be used immediately after spooning out of the kitchen towel. Leftovers can be refrigerated for about a week in an air tight glass container.
- For quick soaking of cashew – combine water and raw cashew nuts in a microwavable bowl and microwave it for 1 minutes on high. Take it out and let it sit for 5 minutes. Drain it and then rinse under cold water before blending.
- This recipe makes about 1 ½ cups and the serving size is about 2-3 tbsp per person.
- This recipe tastes best within a week when refrigerated in an air tight container.
Calories: 82kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 156mg | Potassium: 21mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 46IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg