Peaches and Red Potatoes "Stir Fry"
This Peaches and Red Potatoes Stir Fry is flavored with fresh herbs and finished with mild seasoning. Its a sweet and salty 30 minutes entree.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 whole dry red chilies
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 8 regular red potatoes (washed and quartered)
- 1 whole red onion (peeled and squared)
- 3 whole fresh peaches (sliced and seeds removed)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp fresh chives (optional)
Heat oil in a skillet or a nonstick pan. Add broken red chilies, garlic, basil, oregano.
Now add potatoes and mix well so that the potatoes are well coated with the herbs. Cover and cook for 10 -15 minutes till the potatoes are soft in the middle but crunchy outside.
Now add red onions, mix, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Now, add peaches, salt, pepper and mix very well.Lastly, add water. Mix, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes till peaches are soft but retains its shape and chewy texture.
Garnish with chives and more fried red chilies and serve warm with steamed rice.
- I liked this vegetable as is like a salad but tastes excellent with rice.
- This vegetable will be slightly on a dry side so if you want more gravy then add ½ cup water more and adjust salt and pepper according to taste. But while cooking make sure that peaches doesn’t lose it shape and texture.
- This can be a very good side entree or can be served as main entree as well.
- Dried oregano can also be used.
Calories: 594kcal | Carbohydrates: 122g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 583mg | Potassium: 9mg | Sugar: 1g