Lemon Pasta Recipe
This tangy and salty Lemon Pasta Recipe is an elegant family dinner. Its quick and easy vegan Italian dish that’s beautifully flavored.
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (tetra pack)
- 3/4 tsp salt or as per taste
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 3 cups cooked angle hair pasta
Melt butter in a skillet at medium flame and add oregano and basil to it.
Then, add lemon juice, zest of lemon and nutritional yeast and saute for 20 seconds.
Then, bring the flame to low-medium heat and pour in vegetable broth, milk, salt and pepper. Stir it nicely.
Lastly,toss in angle hair pasta. Give it one boil at high heat and turn it off.
Now, garnish with chopped fresh basil and serve immediately.
- Variation: If you do not want coconut milk in then you can simple blend ¼ cup cashew nuts in ¾ cup water and use that instead in step 3.
- This recipe tastes best with angel hair pasta but you can substitute thin spaghetti if desired.
- How to measure pasta - A little less than ½ of 16 oz uncooked angle hair would give 3 cups cooked angel hair pasta.
- Make sure to coconut milk that comes in tetra pack and not the canned coconut milk.
- This recipe tastes best when served immediately.
Calories: 332kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 410mg | Potassium: 179mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 702IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg