Rhubarb Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Rhubarb Quinoa Breakfast Bowl is satisfying, filling and flavorful morning meal made with fresh and natural ingredients.
- 1 cup sliced fresh rhubarb
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 large banana
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (as per package instruction)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
Preheat oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit. Place the sliced rhubarbs on a cookie sheet and drizzle 1 tbsp. maple syrup over the slices. Bake for 3-5 minutes or until rhubarbs are soft. Once baked take out the cookie sheet and let it cool.
In a blender combine banana, baked rhubarbs and almond milk. Blend it smooth.
In a bowl pour the blended rhubarb and toss in cooked quinoa. Add chia seeds and the rest of the maple syrup. Mix well and chill in the freezer for 5 minutes.
Take the bowl out and garnish with slivered almond and hemp seeds. Enjoy!
- For me the sweetness was perfect but feel free to add more sweetener as per your palate.
- This recipe can be made with leftover cooked quinoa.
Calories: 314kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 483mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 82IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 3mg