Vegan Caesar Dressing
This thick and rich Vegan Caesar Dressing is absolutely oil free and nut free. It has a mild sweetness along with being salty and has a perfect tang to its taste.
Boil water in a sauce pan (about 2 ½ cups) and add sunflower seeds to it for 1 minute. Turn off the flame and let it stand for another 1 minute. Drain and keep it aside.
Now, add all the ingredients in a blender and blend it until smooth and creamy.
Spoon it out in a glass jar and enjoy.
- This dressing lasts for about 3 weeks in an air tight glass container in the refrigerator.
- Unroasted and unsalted sunflower seeds work best for this recipe. However, you may use the roasted one as well but make sure its unsalted.
- For best results - blend this dressing with 1 cup unsweetened almond milk. Spoon it out in a bowl and then whip in the rest 2 tbsp almond milk. This gives the creamier texture to this dressing.
- Oat milk or hemp seed milk works very well in this recipe. If you are not nut allergic you may use plain almond milk as well.
- This recipe makes about 2 cups and the serving size is ¼ cup per person.
Calories: 116kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 451mg | Potassium: 168mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 8IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg