Tofu Red Chard Scramble Sandwich
This quick and easy Tofu Red Chard Scramble Sandwich is made with only 10 ingredients and few simple steps. Its kid friendly and great for breakfast or lunch.
- 1 14 oz pack of extra firm tofu (drained and crumbled)
- 2 cups finely chopped red chard leaves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white mushroom
- 1/2 cup finely shopped red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp tahini paste
- 12 Bread slices of your choice
Heat nonstick pan and grease it. Add crumbled tofu and cook uncovered until dry and mild golden in color.
Add red chard and saute.
Add rest of the ingredients and saute well.
Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes. Remove the lid and mix again. Cook again uncovered for 3-4 minutes.
Lastly, add tahini and mix very well until well blended.
Turn off the flame and place the stuffing between your choices of bread slices and grill the sandwiches or use sandwich maker.
Serve warm and enjoy.
- Make sure to chop red chard as fine as possible. I used food processor to chop finely. Measure red chard after chopping.
- Drain and press tofu before crumbling.
- The above calculated calorie does not include bread. You can use any bread of your choice and calories would vary accordingly.
- This sandwich stuffing can be refrigerated in an air tight glass container for 5-6 days.
- If making sandwiches for kids you may use regular ketchup instead of hot sauce. For adults hot sauce adds extra punch to this recipe.
Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 7g