Vegan Macaroni Salad
This oil free Vegan Macaroni Salad is packed with deliciousness of homemade healthy mayo made from scratch. Its easy to make and pleasing to serve. Whether you serve it as a side or as the main dish it’s great for all the pasta lovers.
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup oil free vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dill (fresh/dried)
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- Salt as per taste (optional)
For the salad
- 3 cups cooked macaroni pasta (regular/whole grain)
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
In a mixing bowl combine all the dressing ingredients and whip it with a spoon.
In a salad bowl combine all the salad ingredients.
Then, fold in the dressing and toss very well.
Serve immediately or cold.
- I have used my home-made oil free vegan mayo for this recipe and I have provided a link to it. However, you may use store bought vegan mayo as well.
- Feel free to add celery, carrots or any veggies of your choice to increase this salad.
- The dressing can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for 4-5 days.
- Leftover salad can be refrigerated and used the next day. If you find it very dry just add 2 tbsp of dairy free milk and mix it.
Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 116mg | Potassium: 75mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg