Garlicky Sesame Chickpeas with Coconut
Garlicky Sesame Chickpeas with Coconut is a complete fusion entree with various flavors infused in one pan. When paired with steamed rice the dinner becomes even more desirable and wholesome.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 2 cups boiled and drained chickpeas
- 3/4 cup aquafaba (chickpeas water)
- Salt as per taste
Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Add garlic, sesame seeds and coconut. Saute for 30 seconds on a medium flame.
Increase the flame to high and add soy sauce immediately. As the bubbles of soy sauce forms lower the flame.
Add vinegar, maple syrup, black pepper and mix well.
Add chickpeas and aquafaba and mix. Cook covered on medium flame for 5-7 minutes or until its well-blended and chickpeas do not have raw taste. Do not let it dry. Slight liquid should float at the bottom to flavor the entree.
Lastly sprinkle salt as per your taste and serve warm with steamed rice.
- use fresh homemade boiled chickpeas. Also I used fresh homemade aquafaba for this recipe.
- Aquafaba is the leftover chickpea water that’s used for boiling chickpeas/garbanzo beans.
- For us there was no need to add salt so feel free to sprinkle salt as per your taste.
- If while cooking the liquid dries up add about ¼ cup of water to chickpeas and cook covered at a low flame until water is well cooked. Adjust the spice a little before serving.
Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 1067mg | Potassium: 115mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg