Vegan Gravy for Mashed Potatoes
This quick Vegan Gravy for Mashed Potatoes is easy and flavorful. It’s made with few simple ingredients and in few easy steps. It’s a must have comforting side dish on any work week nights or on relaxing weekends.
- 1 tbsp grapeseed/olive/avocado oil
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 cups baby Bella mushrooms (finely chopped/minced)
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tbsp flour (regular/whole wheat/gluten free)
- 2 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- Salt as per taste
- Freshly ground black pepper (as per taste)
Heat oil in a saucepan/stockpot and add garlic
Immediately add mushrooms and saute until it releases
its juice but its absolutely cooked or dried up and mushrooms are slightly
Then add mustard powder and flour and mix very
Add rest of the ingredients and stir. Let it
cook for 10-15 minutes or until it thickens a bit. (Do not over thicken the
gravy because we want a pouring consistency).
Turn off the flame and enjoy this gravy over
your favorite mashed potatoes.
- My personal simple recipe for mashed potatoes – combine boiled and peeled potatoes with vegan butter, salt and some plant milk preferably coconut milk. Mash them all together and garnish with fresh herbs like parsley and chives.
- This vegan gravy can be refrigerated in an air tight container for about a week.
- This gravy can be used on mashed potatoes, mashed cauliflower or roasted veggies.
- I have provided step wise images in the post above for convenience.
Calories: 72kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 334mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 2mg