Oatmeal Creme Pie Smoothie
Oatmeal Creme Pie Smoothie is a satisfying and hydrating beverage
with a distinct flavor of vegan vanilla frosting. It’s a healthier way to
relive your childhood memories of relishing oatmeal sandwich cookies.
- 1/4 cup dry old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 whole pitted dates
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw cashew nuts (soaked and drained)
- Pinch of cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (optional)
In a saucepan combine oats, water and salt. Cook
until the water is absorbed and oats softens, stirring occasionally to avoid
sticking. Turn off the flame and let it cool down.
In a blender combine all the ingredients including the cooked oats. Blend it smooth until creamy.
Pour the smoothie in the serving glass and garnish it with more hemp seeds if desired.
- For quick cashew nuts soaking – warm some water in a bowl and soak cashew nuts for 5 minutes.
- This Smoothie can be made a night before and enjoy it in the morning. It will thicken a little bit but will still have liquid smoothie consistency.
- Unsweetened plain almond milk can also be used. Just increase the vanilla extract to ½ tsp if you like vanilla flavor.
Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 45mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 155IU | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 4mg