Peach Pecan Pasta
Peach Pecan Pasta is one of my unique innovation. It screams summer along with being delicious. The fruit and the nut tossed with pasta makes this dish outstanding and a perfect lunchbox option too.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup raw pecans (crushed)
- 1 cup chopped peaches
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 2 1/2 cup whole grain penne pasta (boiled and drained)
Heat oil in a nonstick pan and add all the herbs. (Garlic, basil, parsley, onion powder, crushed pepper). Saute for a second to cover the herbs with oil.
Add crushed pecan and saute for couple of minutes continuously or until you get the aroma.
Add chopped peaches and salt. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add water and boil it for couple of minutes. Now, with a food masher, mash the peaches while cooking.
Add red and green pepper to it and mix nicely.
Lastly, fold in pasta and cook covered at a low flame for 5 minutes.
Turn off the flame, stir again and serve. Garnish with more chopped peaches if desired.
- Measure pecans before crushing.
- Make sure to mash the peaches as much as possible for the flavors to blend well.
- Feel free to adjust the salt as per your taste.
- You may use any pasta of your choice. I used whole grain pasta because it’s healthier and has more fiber.
Calories: 501kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 781mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg