Vegan Cheese and Tempeh Stuffed Portebello Mushrooms
Vegan Cheese and Tempeh Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms is a delectable appetizer with delicious flavors and healthy ingredients. Loaded with protein and other nutrients this appetizer is absolutely desirable. This is a winner recipe for any parties or gets together events.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp dried garlic
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 8oz pack of original tempeh (crumbled)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 whole baby portebello mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp vegan Parmesan cheese (powdered form)
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro (fresh)
Heat oil in a pan and add garlic.
Once the garlic starts browning add onions. Saute until translucent.
Add crumbled tempeh. Saute well until tempeh starts golden in color.
Add nutritional yeast and salt. Saute for 1 minute. Turn off the flame and let it cool.
Preheat oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit. Prepare a cookie sheet by greasing it well.
Scoop out the mushrooms very well so there is enough space to stuff the filling.
Stuff the filling with the spoon. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and juicy.
Take out the cookie sheet and garnish with fresh cilantro. Feel free to adjust the salt and enjoy.
- After scooping the mushrooms I did not use the stems. If you want to use the mushroom stems you chop them finely and add to the pan with tempeh so they are cooked nicely for this recipe.
- Garnishing with some raw red onions increases its flavor.
Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 96mg | Potassium: 50mg | Iron: 0.1mg