Eating out sounds sooo good. No mess at home, no dishes, no spills, no cleaning, no sweat and you get delicious food. YUMM! Hmmmm! The delicious food comes with lots of calories, fats, and above average servings which can be seen in the weighing machine! Hmmm! Wouldn’t it be perfect if we could just get super healthy food with no hidden stuffs and yet we could all look lean. Aha! It’s a dream which makes most of us say Aha!
I am a big foodie and I love to eat out and explore the various cuisines. I love to try almost all the dishes mentioned in the menu but alas good health comes first for me. So like a good girl I try and order selected dishes and keep the quantity as low as possible. Hence, I started to cook more and more at home. Now I have developed a hobby of cooking healthy food that tastes equally delicious as I want and I can eat the quantity that I want to indulge because I know what I am putting inside my food. Doesn’t that sound amazing?
Yes, if we cook more at home we know what ingredients we are using whether it is organic, farm fresh, frozen or high/low calorie. We know what and how much oil we are using in the dish and we can also customize the dishes according to our taste and indulge whole heartedly without any guilt. Wow! That definitely sounds amazing to me.
Benefits of cooking at home:
1. The first and most important benefit is that eating at home is healthier than eating out.
2. It saves money because eating out few days a week will cost you more than the whole week’s grocery.
3. It provides quality time with family. Involve kids in preparing the food and laying the table. The whole family can get involved and sit in the dining table together.
4. Cooking at home protects you from food borne diseases and bacteria. You wash all the fresh fruits and veggies with your own hands so you can be sure of the hygiene factor.
5. Eating at home also controls the quality of ingredients that you may want to use.
6. Especially if you are on a mission to lose weight cooking and eating at home is so important because that helps you to select a healthier options and also control the portion size.