More often than not, we make excuses for not following a Health routine and postponing health related activities for “tomorrow.” “I have back to back meeting today so I will not exercise today, will do so tomorrow.” “I am starving and this crispy fried chicken looks yum, I will burn calories tomorrow.” “I overate and now I can’t move, will exercise tomorrow.” And as we all know, this “Tomorrow Never Comes.”
Here are some steps to stay motivated to be healthy
- Stop postponing: Change your mentality and start living in present. Stop postponing things for future! Instead focus on achieving goals today. If you start today you will see the results tomorrow and for a better tomorrow you need to start today.
- Start making right choices: Start eating healthfully now. Think about how good you will feel after you eat healthy. The benefits of eating healthy are far more than postponing it for tomorrow. If you eat healthy food you will be more energetic, your skin will glow, you may lose some weight, and you will feel good about yourself.
- Think Positive: Positive thinking is a very important step to stay motivated. You will realize that with positive thinking you are able to achieve more; you are happier and more enthusiastic.
- Set a small Target goal: By setting a target goal you will get a path to walk onto. When you achieve your goal you will feel happy and ecstatic and will get more motivated to set new goals and achieving them. (For example: set a target goal of losing only 5 pounds in two weeks and try and achieve it. Once you achieve the basic goal you will be motivated to set higher goals and achieve.)
- Bring a change: All of us need some changes from time to time. Bring changes to your workout routines; try some new healthy recipes to satisfy your cravings in a healthful manner.
- Go for shopping: Going shopping for clothes especially motivates a lot. If you fit into smaller sizes than what you have been buying till now, you will get motivated in abundance. You will set new goals and targets and work towards being healthy.
- Bribe Your Own Self! Allow yourself little indulgences, if you meet your weekly goals. Trust me, nothing on planet earth will taste better than that yummy dessert! It will be worth the wait (no pun intended!).
Read more at http://life.gaiam.com/article/5-ways-stay-motivated-exercise-regularly for more tips to stay motivated to be healthy.
Health tip of the week
“Hard work of today, will show results tomorrow”