Exercise, running, workouts, and gym – all these words are so familiar and have become a must in today’s lifestyle. But sometimes we miss on the important question, that even if we run or workout in the morning and sit in our desk for the rest of the day does that counter our efforts of the morning? Does sitting for the rest of the day undo all our efforts at the workout session?
Well, the answer is yes to some extent and for your workouts to be more effective you need to make sure that you are moderately moving all day long. I know that sounds quite overwhelming but with a few simple tricks we can add more steps to our daily life and achieve a better fitness level.
1. Park your car one block away from your office so that you get a chance to walk from your car to your work building.
2. Take the stairs instead of elevators.
3. While on the phone pace up and down instead of sitting and chatting.
4. Try for pick up food order instead of delivery and walk to the restaurant if within a reasonable distance.
5. Walk in a slow pace while refreshing yourself with coffee.
6. Instead of using intercom try and walk down to the person whom you want to contact.
7. While at home put all your food in the kitchen instead of at the dining table so you can get up from your seat and walk towards the food for helpings.
8. Put the remote away from the couch so you have to get up and walk towards it.
9. Play with your little ones or pets. They are good source of exercising.
10. Stroll every night after dinner with your partner. This way you get some quality time to spend with him/her.
Last but not the least, try to use some step tracker and make sure to take at least 10,000 steps a day.
Health tips of the week
“Move more, track your steps and achieve your desired fitness level”.