Unknowingly we eat walnuts almost every day in desserts, salads, entrée, breads and so on but we at times do not give a thought to the health benefits of these nuts. Walnuts are tree nuts and can be used in the form of oil, snacks, raw, baked. Walnuts are found in hard shells and we consume the nut present inside that hard shell.
Here are few pointers on why should we eat walnuts:
1. First and foremost walnuts support good heart health. They improve cholesterol by helping in reduction of LDL cholesterol.
2. It’s rich in mega 3 and is a high source of energy, antioxidant, magnesium and many vitamins and minerals.
3. With its high content of vitamin E walnuts support good brain health.
4. Adding nuts to your diet helps control ideal weight. Walnuts can be a great snack and sometimes some food replacements as well.
5. The fiber content in walnuts helps stimulate metabolism thereby adding more fiber to your diet and helps in improving type 2 diabetes.
6. Walnut oil keeps the skin hydrated and smooth and protects your skin from dryness.
7. Walnuts improve hair quality by strengthening them and improving the health of your scalp.
8. Walnuts improve the immune system, strengthen and improve bone health, promote better sleep and reduce stress.
It is important for us to include walnuts into our daily diet preferably raw to improve our complete health and to maintain our ideal weight. Walnuts can be included in smoothie bowls, desserts, can be eaten raw as snacks, or in the form of cooking oil or external use oil.
I consciously included walnuts in my diet and I am very impressed with the results. My hair fall has stopped and looks thicker and healthier, the quality of my sleep has improved. I feel more energetic and less stressed. My brain is calmer and more focused. My skin does not look tired and the long lost smoothness of my skin has come back. I notice an improvement in my digestion which was going hay wire due to stress. Now, I feel stronger and healthier and I have all intentions of continuing with walnuts in my family’s diet and mine.
Health tip of the week
“Include nutrient packed walnuts in your daily life and improve your health”.