Cranberry Chia Muffins
It’s unbelievable that already the time to bid farewell to the wonderful year 2016 is approaching and we are in the last month of the year. This year has been adventurous for me in many ways. With Yashvi’s new school, her broken arm incident, then renovating a small part of our home and spending happy times with my family back in India I am going to remember good and bad, all the moments forever.
This Christmas our extended families are visiting us for Christmas and we friends have decided to take turns to host some parties/get together in everyone’s house this holiday and make the most of the rest of the month. Having said this I think December is the official month to indulge in desserts guilt free and while we wait for our favorite Santa Clause to come through the clouds in his sledge with the surprise presents and ringing the bell OH! OH! OH! I tried some gluten free vegan muffins to give him a break from cookies
Since I associate the red color of cranberries with Christmas every year so I’ve made this the main ingredient in this recipe, to give some protein and energy I added chia seeds and to make it gluten free and low carbohydrate I folded in almond flour and substituted egg with bananas. These Cranberry Chia Muffins smelled delicious while it was baking in the oven but it took me 4 attempts to bring out a satisfactorily batch of these muffins since I used some different ingredients than the regular ones. I kept working on this dessert recipe patiently while thinking about the presents that I would like to give to Yashvi, Rohit and to all my friends and extended families. While making my shopping list my enthusiasm to bake these muffins continued building up because these muffins will be the show stopper at my Christmas party that I will be hosting
I am delighted to share this delicious, healthy and nutritious treat. My personal recommendation would be to stick to the measurements mentioned and the directions written and you will fall in love with these Cranberry Chia Muffins when they melt in your mouth as soon as you dig into them.
Cranberry Chia Muffins
|Prep Time:||10 minutes|
|Cook Time:||40 minutes|
|Total Time:||50 minutes|
|Serves:||9||See full nutrition!|
|Per Serving:||224 calories|
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 3 tbsp. warm water
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 large bananas
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Soak chia seeds in the warm water and keep it aside.
- Soak fresh cranberries in maple syrup and keep it aside.
- Preheat oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a muffin tray with a greased liner.
- In a mixing bowl combine almond flour, salt and baking soda. Mix with a spoon until there are no lumps.
- In a blender combine bananas, vanilla extract, olive oil and soaked chia seeds and blend smooth.
- Now, pour the blended liquid into the dry ingredients and whip it with a spoon or a wired whip.
- Lastly add the soaked cranberries (along the maple syrup in them) and fold it gently.
- Now, pour the batter into 9 muffin cups and place the muffin tray at the bottom rack of the oven. Bake for 40 – 42 minutes or until the tester comes out clean.
- Take out the muffin tray from the oven and let it cool completely before serving.