Fresh Apples with Macadamia Nuts and White Chocolate Chips, No Sugar Added! I could not have asked for a healthier cookie. These Flourless Apple Macadamia Cookies are healthy and gluten free and are perfect to satisfy cookie cravings. These cookies are soft and chewy and have a distinct taste of macadamia nuts which makes me want moorreee coookkkiieesss!
Apples! Apples! And more Apples! How else could I express my new interest in apples? I have started enjoying cooking with apples. Earlier I thought apples to be only a fruit that could be eaten raw or made juice out of it or apple cider or apple pie. But now I have found my new love in Apples. I am exploring its versatility and will continue till the season lasts. This excitement led us to an apple farm few days ago and we had great fun in apple picking. I, especially, picked up so many of them that my baskets were falling short but my excitement did not seem to stop.
Macadamia Nuts are my favorite nuts and I always keep a stock of these nuts for snacking. I love the sweet flavor of it and the color is just so wonderful that when mixed with apples in Flourless Apple Macadamia Cookies I could not take my eyes off. I must admit that it is very difficult to impress my husband with recipes and that’s the toughest job for me but to my delight these cookies have occupied my husband’s list of kiipfit’s favorite recipe. YAY!
1. Preheat oven at 370 degree Fahrenheit. Prepare a cookie sheet with a liner and grease it with cooking spray.
2. Grind the macadamia nuts until fine powder texture.
3. In a microwave bowl melt the white chocolate chips. This will take 2-3 minutes stirring in every 1 minute. Make sure to not to overdo as it may burn. Keep it aside.
4. Peel the apple, remove the idle part and finely chop.
5. In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients (except eggs and vanilla extract and white chocolate chips.) and mix well.
6. In another bowl combine eggs, vanilla extract and mix well.
7. Pour the wet ingredients (except white chocolate chips) into the dry ingredients and until well coated.
8. Lastly, add the melted white chocolate chips into the batter and mix well with a spoon.
9. Pour spoonful of batter onto the cookie sheet for 15-16 cookies.
10. Put it in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
11. Serve hot, or at room temperature or cold.
Note: Can be stored in an air tight glass container for 3-4 days.
When serving the stored refrigerator, just microwave for 10 seconds to bring it to room temperature if desired.